CSR Update Webinar
DMA Ethics and Compliance Update
Monthly | 2:00 P.M. – 3:00 P.M. ET | Online
The DMA Corporate & Social Responsibility department will provide monthly webcasts with a focus on member compliance. The self-regulatory program of the DMA is an essential component of member offerings—members need to be in compliance or face onerous regulation that will stifle marketing and fundraising.
These webcasts will occur on the second Tuesday of each month at 2 p.m. EST.
- Online Marketing: OBA and General Online Advertising - March 13 2012
- Data Security: Protecting Information in Your Care - April 10, 2012
- DMA's International Safe Harbor Program - May 8, 2012
- Telemarketing & Mobile Marketing Guideposts - June 12, 2012
- Consumer Preferences/Mail Suppression/DMAchoice Reminders - July 10, 2012
- DMA Ethical Guidelines - August 14, 2012
Reasons to participate:
- Learn about latest rules and regulations you need to follow
- Learn about ethical best practices for the marketing community
- Hear about consumer concerns to ensure marketers build consumer trust
- Free for members
- Stay ahead of the regulatory curve by being compliant
- Get your compliance questions answered – from privacy to CAN-SPAM, the regulations are complex and you need to know the basics
- Senny Boone, SVP Corporate & Social Responsibility
- Jerry Cerasale, SVP, Government Affairs
- Linda Woolley EVP DMA Washington Office
Invited Guests will be featured depending on the key issue of the moment.
Key Issues — Depending on current events special focus may be placed on one or two key issues:
- CAN-SPAM & New Social Media Marketing Guidelines
- New DMA Ethical Guidelines Changes in 2011
- HIPAA - Using Health Information Responsibly
- COPPA - Protecting Children
- Personal Information Collection and Use Reminders
- Environmental best practices and DMA initiatives
- Online Marketing: OBA and general online advertising
- Data Security - protecting information in your care
- DMA's International Safe Harbor program
- Telemarketing & Mobile Marketing Guideposts
- Consumer Preferences/mail suppression/DMAchoice reminders
- DMA Ethical Guidelines
Q & A:
There will be ample time during each webcast to ask questions of our panel of experts so be sure to dial in with questions at the ready.
and on the day of the webinar. Enter your PIN code and you are connected. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy!
participate in our Q&A session where you'll communicate with your speaker directly.
at any time.
who do not cancel and fail to attend the event, forfeit their full registration fee in its entirety.
If DMA cancels the event for which you have registered, the registration fee paid will be held on account for a future
event or fully refunded if you prefer. DMA is not responsible for any expenses incurred by you as a result of your
registration, whether the event was attended, postponed, orcanceled.
Cancellation Refund Schedule
One day prior to the webinar or before – 100% refund
Less than one day prior to webinar or no show – No refund - no account credit
Corporate & Social Responsibility
All Council Members: FREE
DMA Member: FREE
See information on how to
Ways to Register:
Online: March 13, 2012, April 10, 2012, May 8, 2012, June 12, 2012, July 10, 2012, August 14, 2012
Mail: DMA Customer Service
(Download Printable Form)
1120 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036-6700
(Check payable to DMA)
For questions/inquiries, call
DMA Customer Service at
212.790.1500 or e-mail